Thursday 10 February 2022

Off to the Races

Melanin, how it traverses underneath my skin
Everything in my collective, so treated as sin
Its recession in some, creates them a canvas
On which to to undermine, differentiate as kin

Charcoal and Turmeric, that you crudely cast
For foamy chalk, that you sold so fast
Now my teeth are chalk, your's are pearls
Yet you have the audacity, to tease my past

This soft power you show, what has it brought
A few coins and farce, yet a life as fraught
While I have lived, in absolute, loving along
You struggle to live, depressed in thoughts

I write to not goad, for I need no validation
My words are to equate, not cause humiliation
When the air chokes us all, and waters runs dry
Will we still squabble, over our skin colouration





No comments:

Post a Comment