Thursday 17 February 2022

Hippocampus Hippocampus

Hippocampus, Hippocampus, How have you been?
Have you earned your rest, have you had sleep
Or are you plotting to pry my eyelids open
Wanting me to spend another night staring

Why do you seek to traumatise me each night?
When I pull over the blanket, trying to ease off
Why must you suddenly intrude, pray why!
When I sit at my chair, and stare at my beer

What manner of conduct do you seek to proclaim?
Do you seek my acceptance of your superiority
Or is it so that you are but  a rampaging bully
Belittling my moments of fumbled living

Tonight when the moon shall rise, please refrain
Let the rest of me gently drift into sleep
I promise you shall have the rest of my time
To be embarassed, chided, Riled up by my own

No comments:

Post a Comment