Sunday 6 February 2022

Canary Yellows

In pragmatism, a heart sees no colours, let alone its tones
And that living may bring no sorrow, it brings no joys either
When I glanced at you in canary yellow, I admit
I had to ponder upon my frequent obsession to steely logic

It isn't unlike me to run from all that could tantalize me
For it only brings me feelings that set my heart ablaze
Like your appearance, so stark, so much of enchantment
Tantalizing me, Setting the forests of my wild mind ablaze 

I often forget your lips are a shade of dawn, the gentle pinks
They swirl in the grooves and furrows, of your smiling
Scattered amongst them, my eyes often are stilled
My ears wait to be touched by words that brush by your lips

Such are the utterings of a man, in longing of a chance meeting
Waking to wish for you to appear again, and over
You would deem these to be just a weave of words
Yet they traverse the deepest depths of my cravings

No comments:

Post a Comment