Wednesday 23 February 2022

Begging for a prayer

The universe brings me ghastly gifts
Torrid breaths, anxiety's spells, and caving
Where the void feels like a pool of permanence 
That drowns me in its darkest embrace

I was strong once, to swim its torrid currents
Now it mocks my attempt of floating
The darkness beneath, drags me in its gape
With its fangs, piercing my struggling heels

It would have been easier to enbrace an end
Yet the void is twisted, it bears wicked ways
It breathes life into me at the crux of drowning
Then extorts me again, till my will fades

Why this malevolence, this turgid animosity 
For I have done the void no harm, so I think
It whispers gently, in blood a curdling laugh
Terms my punishment for my fall from grace

Would you dear reader, be kind and pray
Ask for my punishment to end, my soul is frail
Spare a thought, hold my plight in empathy
Wish me a release from this ghastly maze

No comments:

Post a Comment