Wednesday 23 February 2022

In the arms of darkness

The witching hour arrives, violently nudging my heart awake
The eyelids clasp tight, While the throat runs dry
I feel the cold of the dark, blanketing me in its embrace
I cower in fear as my voice dies, calling out your name

My blood has frozen cold, my chest now frostbitten
My calls would be unheard I know, at calling for a reprieve
I still call out to you, for it brings me a whiff of life
I writhe in pain as the grip of dark, drenches me in fears

The wind howls eerie taunts, biting my face like a hellish hound
My hands are bound in dark bounds, my palms shiver and shake
I plead for mercy to an unkind wraith, hoping to be let by
I quiver as the black mocks, awash gleefully in my tears

This is every night, that I spent in the absence of you
My soul has been flailed, by you absence paramount
I seek not this crown, its of thorns and weighs me down
I breathe deep in the know, this will repeat forever now
 

No comments:

Post a Comment