Thursday 6 January 2022

Prominence

My fear, oh! My fear darling, you are the sun
When I float into the endless space, of my thoroughfare
you bite my heels, feeding me spoons of you, breaking my will,
Creating this frightening obesity
weighing me down, Stilling my wanderings

If I hide being a planet to self-distract, you cast a shadow on me
Asserting your arrogant might, laughing at my futility, mocking me
And when I transverse in its orbit ,Hiding my face,
locked at LaGrange
You scorch and freeze, tormenting me

The farther I try to run, the farther you can reach
I am locked in your pull, of bequeath punishing
Sweeping me in your winds, altering my existence
In your magnanimous megalomania,
Deconstructing me
 
Oh! fear darling, I have learnt,
There is no escaping you, nor is there such need
I shall float to you by myself, Bind myself at your orbit
Reimagine us as inseparable lovers
Spread my solar panels and empower me

No comments:

Post a Comment