Tuesday 4 January 2022

Not yesterday for sure

Who in their sane mind, who at all
Would dip their toes in the river, before noon
I have often tried, yesterday, today too indeed,
  I am but a lunatic
Looking for trouble, creating situations to pen
I distinctly remember, that gentle glide
Subsurface, the poking of this reptilian wanderer
It glistened beautifully, vanished quick
I tempted it with my feet, dipping my toes
I waited for it to swim forward, my way
It did for a brief moment, then hid below
Suddenly to surface right beneath, staring at me
Questioning my lunacy
It is but a wild beast, What reasoning is it's demand
It floated half way, without a blink
I reached out, as if wanting to be bit
It rejected my advances, my needy advances
What sense does it make, mother nature I asked
When even those that think by their hunger, turn me away
I realized this was where I used to sit
It was not yesterday though, but a few centuries ago

No comments:

Post a Comment