Wednesday 5 January 2022

There is More

I have learnt to accommodate, travesty 
For often those we share confines with
  Hold back,
      For fear
      Unfamiliarity
      Nefarious too
It is not a gripe, I have held to, to each their own
Often you in our beautiful chance, willful meetings too
Have often been at war, with me, with them, with him at times
  Held back
        For present
        Substitution
        Anger
I have learnt to face adversity, of such musings
They were never far or few, persistent
Often nonchalant, with me, sometimes by me
In those moments I have learnt acceptance
  Learnt restraint
        For love
        Time
        Passion
In all my thoughts of you, gone and new
I have only found thankfulness
As reticent that I have been with rest
My heart was in admiration, adoration
   You left
       Admonished me
       Acceptable
       Yet Hemlock'ish
Yet, I have learnt, learnt to let be, what wants to
Love is, a dutiful teacher, mine a war general
As we spoke today, I offer my gratitude, wishes
   Go find
      Love
      Gentleness
      Madness      
Like I have forever with you, I learn more each day
On what and how, of then and now
Sans your blinks, that reminded me of passing time
I have learnt to accept all,
   except me
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment