Sunday 16 January 2022

The Eighth Day

I remember Sundays
Ah! Those mornings with muscular pain
The aftermath of a beautiful Saturday
When we would be forge and flame, inseparable
Fridays would breed anticipation
Our anxious hearts awaiting the day's end
In our exchanges of gentle naughtiness
Of the long week that passed by fore
Thursdays were the raging currents
In passionate Longings, amidst rattled conversations
Hiding our eyes, as we exchanged our words
In the shys of our worded embrace
Wednesday would be the utter tyrant
When neither you nor me, would be at ease
In the muddle of the longing, love, and lust
You would sometimes wander away
Tuesdays were an absolute bane
Worldly tangles, driving us insane
I would light up a smoke, wish for your touch
Pacify myself in the utter dismay
Mondays were pure Mundane
I have often felt like drift wood at sea
Dead to the core, in our abrupt parting
Praying for god speed arrival of another Saturday



No comments:

Post a Comment