Monday 3 January 2022

Pondering in the Lost

I often ask myself
What more should, or could I endure
Often the answers are a few verses
Penned in the colours of my love, disdain
If the breathlessness wasn't enough, as if
To want to not breathe is the undercurrent
And floating above is my shell nursing
Catching a breath, each absent of your scent
Why must I endure, persistently, why me?
When I could close my eyes and fade
Should I, but then I couldn't remember you
So the next best is the night
To sit in the darkness of my solitudal calm
What could my heart have been 
What more should it have
Other than to be lost in thoughts you forsake
It sounds like a lament, yet it is not
A soldier goes to war, not to die there of
Nor does the rain seek patronage of lovers
They all do what the universe intends
So I question myself again
What more could I, what more should I endure
For in your arms is the dilation of time
When passed with, I shall know you
When passed without, I would become you

No comments:

Post a Comment