Saturday 8 January 2022

And such is the apathy of the self

Oh dear! What has transpired, in god's name has
The mind draws a blank, am lost in the thoughtlessness of absent verses
Like a river perennial, called so even late summers
Could I be called a poet, if I undergo a dry spell
I have always been ready, ready to scribble, and discard
But I have always had words, I always had you my dear words
This ungodly hour, of sudden gloomy Mumbai winter
I struggle to express, yet the mind seems to be in sonnets of voids
This void, unlike her absence, are a void of will
The sheer impasse, I am at between expressing and feeling
What would I an introvert do,  yes I know now I was
I have long yanked at her, that, it, this, them to help me feel
Today there is neither sun, nor any of those pronouns 
I feel as alone as the time I may have felt
Conceived, growing unwilling, awaiting my destitution 
Only to be cast out, by sheer force
To face further rejection, like from my mother's womb

No comments:

Post a Comment