Sunday 16 January 2022

I shouldn't rattle, those fond nights

Between now and then, 
I see not much of a difference
Except the passing of time and age
Nothing has altered my mind in love
     Then you strayed, 
     Now you stray again
Yet, I was held in utter deep contempt
I consider it a gift
For I know it is what I would always get
In your search for an exact altruistic inverse
    You riddled my soul, 
    Rid me of the love 
    I held for the self
And all I have now are memories of your cherry red lips
   They lied so much,  
    To me then,
    To yourself now
Yet I so solemnly yearn, 
to drown in those sounds, 
lies be it, 
yet in your voice
Like a loom they spin so many tales
They hurt, Only me
So I reach out,in intermittence
Yet knowing it can, and only you can, 
As the sun set last eve
When you spoke to me last
You now know, I have had love, absolute, unfathomable
So for such I shall bind, and let you be 
be in peace as you wish, 
I shall not intrude, and reduce myself, 
At best to be an acquaintance


No comments:

Post a Comment