Sunday 30 January 2022

Meeting between the heart, the mind,the body, and the soul

"I have an interesting proposition", my heart says
The mind in its logical responses states "Oh Shut up"
The heart pleads further to speak, but the mind belittles it
I intervene as an arbiter, letting it speak 
"What if you remake me in wax?",  Said the heart in jest
The mind usually in quick dismissal is now in intrigue
"What difference would that make, dear dear heart? It asks
I am curious too and ask it to clarify this matter
"Hey, if I broke, you could melt me and recast," it said
"Then, you will feel I am renewed at pathos", it adds
The mind chimes in agreement with "Hey, that makes sense to me"
I ponder on the possibilities, almost daydream
The mind now made up, eggs me
The heart is now in tow to push for this remolding 
At this, I ask my soul 
    "Hey, what if you burn, wouldn't it be a conflagration?
The soul pauses a moment and asks for a few moments
"Well folks God forbid, if I should burn 
    The wax would feed my flames" the soul spoke morosely
The mind wanting to do nothing with this said 'I'm out"
The heart asserts "I am ready to face that for love"
I as the arbiter promptly prompt 
    "well the soot would make for great Kohl in someone's eyes
The mind is at odds and beyond pacification
The heart seems to run in glee over this acceptance
The soul is tangled for it knows this to be a terrible idea
I ease them saying "We could always write poetry after" 

No comments:

Post a Comment