Tuesday 11 January 2022

The lifeline of Mumbai

I remember our walks, post work
Of mundane conversations and random ramblings
Amongst the ferry of unimagnative public buses, red and yellow
Plying people home from a work day

Some days you would alight off one
Other days you would board one, post meet
I have seen each bus with a different view
Love for the bringing, care for the leaver

When you arrived, you would have complaints
Of the tardiness, and the non cooperative fellow travellers
And then smile, planting a kiss, smelling of sweat and a day's work
They smelled like the rain, on a desert of your wait

I often have wondered, if the buses can ever feel my soul
For they brought me what a million Gods couldn't
They even took you back, safe and sound
I have for them often felt a debt of gratitude

The C42 brought me closer, the 494LTD would ferry you home
Sometimes it was the yellow and black cabs
I have often travelled those roads, stood at those places
Where you and I have breathed each other



No comments:

Post a Comment