Saturday 21 January 2023

Namma Bengaluru

It's a lovely winter morning, past noon thirty two to two
With Bengaluru winter days who is sure if it is morning or noon
It is a beautiful shade of a winter morning that others places wish for
And I am relishing my last few hours here
The streets are littered with parked cars
tis a Silent,Saturday; a lull from it's usual traffic jams
The leaves from the rain trees have yellowed and parted
As if to mask the hideous metallic creations of man
The tea stall vendor has bananas, I finish my brunch on a couple
I lit up my cigarette and try to communicate with him, struggle 
He speaks Hindi and I feel right at home then
Yes Mumbai, you are everywhere aren't you
So goodbye for now Bengaluru, thank you for the week you held me
You made me feel at home for a moment with my friends
I would wish to be back to walk amongst these tree lined sidewalks
But that is for another season, I will now bid you my goodbyes 

No comments:

Post a Comment