Thursday 19 January 2023

Your call is important to me, please hold the line

You know what? 
The phone sort of dies often
I forgot to carry my 'Type D' plug
I prefer a grounded charger
Like my mind, that is grounded
In your thoughts, as I meander
In thoughts of finding myself
In far away lands

You know what?
I unplugged the room heater 
That was about an hour back
I forgot I feel cold, I was busy
In a trauma response of love
And the shadows of anxiety it causes
In its taunting absence thereof 
It's cold says my shivering

You know what?
Its thirty past four and I am awake
That sleep I yearn for fears fire
That is burning in my cigarette tip
It is a whirlpool of wanting to die
As painfully and unremarkably 
For these bouts of insomnia 
Will surely kill me one kf these days 

You know what?
I miss your cuddles and whispers
And those mornings when I woke up
Watching you asleep like a cloud
It is a distant memory, a beautiful past
As stark as they are and cherished
I long to be held once again in your arms
Probably then to breathe my last

No comments:

Post a Comment