Wednesday 11 January 2023

I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me

I hate these midnight calls and those insanity bound calls when I am on my holiday
I am fed up with people trying to run helter skelter, fixing infrastructure
While the ones who run it, run it to the ground
I didn't choose the IT life, the IT life chose me

I hate those creaky chairs and that wood work has borers and when termites feast
I am fed up of painting varnish on wooden table that have lost their top coat
While the ones who use it, abuse it all too often
I didn't choose the carpenter life, the carpenter life chose me

I hate those enforced aromas of spices and the carelessly tossed chillies in my rice
I am fed up of being asked to make everything taste like a plate of chashew paste
While the ones who eat it do not even understand food deserves love
I didn't choose the cook life, the cook life chose me

I hate these emergency glaring lights and those wailing sirens and crying folks in agony
I am fed up of all the pain and suffering that exists in this day and  age
While the one who made this world slowly reclines east
But I chose this nurse life, the nurse life sometimes does break me




No comments:

Post a Comment