Sunday 15 January 2023

Memories, Memoirs, thereof

Its a surge i curb
for i swim 
against the tide
of a fear of drowning in it
these memories are 
like seaweeds
that entangle my feet,
 underneath 
The light comes 
and fades
my eyes are 
dead until 
 -Thoughts of you emerge 
like a lava flow 
from under the sea bed
boiling 
the life around
churning
 without remorse
so i write them 
into verses
lest they claw 
my soul
not that they won't 
but it will be futile 
For the soul is clawed 
hollow
by the talons 
of your thoughts
why then even 
let them attempt further
for they are priceless
this rejection from you
is agonizing 
yet is a chance 
to know life 
its pains
thus 
I write 
to curb the surge
and then 
laugh at my plight
a man 
gone insane and over
yet still sipping insanity 
like it was a golden Whiskey
that shimmers in my glass
with six cubes of ice 
a splash of lemon
the way you like it to
when we would meet
memories, memoirs 
and my absent soul thereof 

No comments:

Post a Comment