Saturday 7 January 2023

Paradoxically Me

Here, spinning these Mani wheels 
I invoke a paradox of sorts
Of wanting to be free of longing 
and love, and all of these discomforts
Yet when I descend 
from these misty mountains of North East
I say a prayer to be remembered 
and loved by someone at least

It is an arbiter I seek to find 
one who makes my mind accept truths
of knowing these pangs shall only entwine 
and as such will never bear fruit
Yet when I look into my mind's mirror 
I find it is only my 'self' I see
This is another paradox that I conjure 
and it stays gnawing and rooted inside me

So if this has to come to pass
it has to be by me that I wilfully bind
these fallacies and these flightless thoughts
need not exist deep in my heart
So maybe in this next cycle of bead counting
I shall find peace within my mind
then maybe these paradoxes shall end 
and I will find myself to be self kind

No comments:

Post a Comment