Thursday 18 August 2022

Moving in

My refridgerator just came in, I was wondering if you would like it too
It is a beautiful wine red, reminds me of the wine we ordered once
It has been so long ago that I have been held by you, a few weeks 
It seems to feel my chest has caved, and maybe my soul has died

This is a weird emotional outburst, but then isn't loving prone to such
I am a mortal after all, but I pretend to be all high and mighty, foolishly too
When you respond in monosyllabic words, a little bit of me dies
It is painfully slow you know? This dying in bits each time at random

I haven't plugged in the refrigerator yet, I rather wait for the technician
You see I liked it, but I have understood that my liking bears pain
I want to make some jelly and custard for you, if you would like
If you decide to visit me at home someday, sooner perhaps

For now it is a long wait of two more days, it's only Thursday
I will wait for all the other amenities to be unpacked and set up before you visit
You will visit me some time right? Maybe sooner?
I mean, we can speak of everything including us, or maybe just have jelly or custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment