Friday 5 August 2022

If only I was a Guppy

The rain has brought fresh water to the drains 
I can see guppies now swim in it so clearly
While it seems so much more beautiful now
I rejoice, it is unfair to those guppies somehow
The murky waters are where they always feed
My happiness is inconsequential to their breed
I don't live in the drains, I fall in one somedays
Often when I am drunk, and walk in my sway
Being drunk doesn't help me erase old pains
A day passes and a hangover is the only gain
But these guppies they live here in this drain
Maybe there is only torment for us in the rain
Maybe if I was a guppy, I would not need love
I would not need the alcohol to forget my woe
I could just swim here in this water and cry
Wait for my next meal and unceremoniously die

No comments:

Post a Comment