Sunday 14 August 2022

Lemony Dreams

Hey, I am in the lemon orchard, I recall us planting this a few summers ago
I hate to tell you this but, they are all affected by citrus canker
We could argue that that doesn't bother any one who eats lemons
But then again a fruit should look good to sell

The lemons are indeed lovely, I must add but yes they are a tad ugly
That doesn't allow me to make my vodka with its rind
I made some juice last evening though, served it to the guests
They knew you, they were quite thankful for your fruits

The lemons you gave me are not as fancy though
You see, the lemons of words and reassurances went sour
It isn't that I haven't tried to make lemonade from those
They are just too sour, sugar seems to not work on them

That being said, I sent you a wooden box full of lemons
They are from your orchard, maybe no longer yours I keep forgetting
I mislabelled then as ours, I hope you can ignore that
I hope you extract the juice, and use them this year


No comments:

Post a Comment