Sunday 21 August 2022

Sailing away from the port

I have never felt free, I have yearned for it
I can never be free, free because in everything I think of you existed
They bring me back to our moments, of laughter and sadness
This random passage of time demands my sacrifice, of you

I relinquish my life with you, for you could be better off without me
This could be my epilogue, maybe my gravestone could read
And like the ship of Theseus, every bit of me had been altered
I no longer recognise myself now, without you walking my decks

At port when you step away tomorrow, do not turn back to wave
I shall break my chains, steady my sails and set myself adrift
For I wish you well, away from the confines of my existence
When you are no longer on-board, I can weep in peace sans questions

I shall float on the endless oceans of my isolation of you
For this is what I can best provide, letting you heave sanity bound breaths
There is no need for seething under your breath, or to be in curdling rage
My fading into the horizon shall set you free to be you, be the best version of you



No comments:

Post a Comment