Tuesday 9 August 2022

The other side is always easier than mine

When it's morning, and I have a hangover post a night of drinking
I know you are better, fresh as a morning dew happy and beautiful
As I face the day in the void of you, and your embrace I seem to miss
You maybe are cuddled in the warmth of someone better

When the rains washed away my dreams, you found joys in a few
When I curled up and cried, you caressed another as a lover too 
If I do not exist in a plane, I know you would feel better maybe even thrive 
For I am only a bane of your existence, you were a boon for mine

When I sent my warm wishes, you rejected them with brutal cold
As I sought to console your pain, you stabbed the seams of my mending
When I silently caved and wilted, letting out no sound to be heard
You maybe craved the music of my heart that had bled

I hope the winds blow your way kindly, it doesn't seem so towards mine
Knowing that one end is always trouble, I know the other will be fine
It is how paradoxes are, one side a polar opposite of the other
I was reaching out in love, you were as always reacting in hatred


No comments:

Post a Comment