Tuesday 9 August 2022

Love could change mortals, not Gods

She would have chosen better, yet her heart wouldn't let be 
As the universe conspired, she was left at unease
She had long wandered in search of love and warmth
The universe played its perverse prank, it brough her to me

I was a worthless wandrer, so profoundly untamed
She begged time to change my heart, as she wrapped herself to me
I would not change, nor would I let myself take this chance
The years found her weathered and battered, as lost as one could be

Maybe I could have known the truth, maybe I could have stated it sooner
And in my god complex amongst mortals I could have been sober
But as the days passed, my living subjected her to remorse and insanity
For her to look at me in contempt, yet trying to hold on to me

No comments:

Post a Comment