Saturday 6 August 2022

Hide and seek

Nothing really changes, yet I hanker about it rattling my mind
Knowing the futility of wanting a change, pushing myself to despair
My questions are never what I have brought upon the self
In this willful torment, it is often a self deprecating why
In the want of sunshine, amidst the battering thunderstorms
I fail to see how the leaden clouds soothe, wash away my tears
Knowing full well the sunshine would only dry them 
Leave a trail of the salty tears, in the wake of your absence
When the sun gleams, I feel its vehement mocking of my pain
Making it gleam like a piece of broken glass, to cut and bleed me
I have no strength to ask for a respite, for my eyes hurt
The light is too bright, and the crying has not helped either
In the nights when I emerge out of my hiding place
The moon hangs low, shines its gentle light on me
One could think it was being gentle, but it only serves to remind me
Of a mortal me that can always try to run, but never ever hide

No comments:

Post a Comment