Thursday 1 April 2021

Ramblings

Reach out to that special someone
Who has rejected your love and caring
       Do it often, do it everyday
       Do it till they hate your words, sight, and name
Everything must go,
of you
From their hearts, 
      for they have confused loving
      And found you not worth their time
If they are harsh,
admit it as a gift
If they spew Hemlock,
drink it as Socrates did
And when they finally are free
Of your thoughts and habits
Step back and set them adrift
If such is love, or if you agree this to be so
You would see the merit as a test of your mettle
If they leave, they never were here
And as they soar to heights
Just watch them heal.
For I have known so, as my life has passed
I have seen pain, misgivings, wants
All they ever led me to was love
Born from it, to die with it
And in between, live in it
Cry in it.
Heal, help heal, help pass
The heart I have has bled out at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment