Saturday 3 April 2021

Light up one for me
She hurried out yelling
Seems like it has been a while
With her there is no telling
She could sulk over sulking
And then sulk some more
If she had a chance to
I hand her a lit cigarette
She blesses me with her eyes 
In acknowledgement
Who gives you that thankful look
When you give objects of harm
She leaned back to the dusty wall
Behind the parked buses
Were we often hid for a drag
She looked at me and her watch
At the fleeting time sulking again
And kissed my cheek mid exhale
Ah the little chance meetings
Where we could find some time brood
But then to find peace, in our company
Only to return and run amok
Now I spend my time alone
Not my choice, but the universe wills
Spewing smoke into my isolation
As if to fill her void somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment