Wednesday 7 April 2021

If you would say

Note: This is a very teenish type rambling.


Why was I the only one
That was riddled and ruptured, and burnt down
While the others you held hands of
Were cradled in gentle words and love
Was it the gift of my staying true
Of choosing love, even in rue
Or was I just a passing thought
That held no value, for I had no remorse

When you showed me how you stood 
Half bare at the mirror for him
Coloured in strings of violet
To spend a weekend in his arms making love
But were held back by a chance mishap
Did you see, how my love held on to thee
Though hurtful, but you were by me

And when you were out by the sea
Distanced , hurt, and crying to me
Of how your soul felt crushed
By another man, who you bed
First love, I agreed was hard to let go
And I held you close, felt your woe
I stayed back, for I still had love

Then you met someone new
And held him, in your blissful view
Coaxed and cuddled him in your warmth
Yet he never was ravaged by words
Things you never spoke of to me
Things you spoke of later too
I stayed for I wished for your embrace
For my love had stood strong in Hurt's face

And to now,  where you have walked away
March has been terrible, yours and the month too
For someone who shall never care
You forsake my heart's calling for you
I hid nothing, in my heart though
Nor have I ever needed to be pacified
I have stood my ground of loving 
Waiting for you to hold me in your arms again.

But someday if you shall ever turn back and walk
I would have no questions, and hold your face
Smile back at you, and let you sit
Cuddled up close, a beer, at a random place
But if you choose not to pray tell
What made those men worthy of heaven
Why was only my soul subjected to hell

No comments:

Post a Comment