Monday 12 April 2021

Train Wreck

The last of the bogies had crashed into the wreck
It was all but sudden, 
This driver thought he was well prepared
Yet when one is riding on tonnes of steel, and composites
One must weigh heavily on dread
The engine with me was the first to slather
Itself upon the walls post the rail stopper
As it hit, my mind lost its grip
Entombed me in the agony of impending pain
The wreck blocking my escape or death
The first few bogies brought in folks
Who beamed of love, and deemed of mine
I have refused such folly, and their vending
They walk amongs the hallways, amongs the others On berths of demands
Who keep their demands, and extort emotional spending
Then entrench themselves, rip the vinyl, slash seat covers
And blame my train, calling it unkept
The next few bogies of near and dear
So called, but they are not so unlike the previous others
These bound in blood, undoable change
Ebbing away my faith in love, in perpetual persistance
Like tapeworms, leeches, and sarcoptic mange 
The last of the bogies rushed into the wreck
Filled to the brim, smelling of brimstone and flesh
Ah the folks, so called friends, rode in the last few
Those that found and set narratives
Cast me as a demon, as they foraged 
Into my soul, for their own life force had waned
They are now merged, into a pile
Of nothing wanted, and unwarranted
The crash and tumble has brought no peace
I feel nothing, than hopelessness
Come Monday, the crews would come
The four, who shall finally end my fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment