Saturday 3 April 2021

In the darkness 
Where the souls have often feared
Stumbled, wished for respite, struggled
I have stood at the center stage
Burning bright, Shiny
Through frost, and storms
Letting myself melt, feeding the flame
Yet the darkness only takes
I stuggle, and burn brighter
For I know my purpose
It is not to ask, or belong
Nor be cared for,
I have no say, no will, nor feelings
Only those in the dark do
The years have battered me
The darkness is permanent
I am surrounded by it
I cast a shadow of me
Blinding my feet
There the monsters wait
Taunting, gnawing my heels
I hear their whispers
Its dying withouth death
To anticipate, but not end
I wish to sleep
For the waking has been forever
Yet I cannot choose
For I stand not by choice, but due
I wish for a gust of wind 
Sudden, without warning, abrupt,
And at the moment, I shall cease
For no one saw me being consumed 



No comments:

Post a Comment