Saturday 3 April 2021

I sit beside the glow of a warm wood fire
It glows so gently, humming and crackling
The flames dance, rise and fall
Making my shadow dance on the house wall
I can hear the water from a nearby stream
And the sound of my kettle's escaping steam
Nothing like a warm glass of tea
I get up to pour a cup for me
I wish to call out loud, speak of my love
About your absence gnawing at my heart now
I decide to pour two cups, and place then apart
One for my self, one for my heart
I remember those rainy days of july?
The power would go out, the phones would die
I have often walked through flooded roads
Speaking of you to myself, mocked by toads
The weather is cold, and so is my heart
Everything and you choose to keep us apart
My heart could freeze a river, if my soul cried
This absence is the ink that fills my void

No comments:

Post a Comment