Wednesday 27 April 2022

What I meant to say was, nothing

Hey, it has been ages since our last meeting
So long ago that I can’t remember where we met first
Was it next to Flora fountain buying poetry books?
Or was it at the David Sassoon reading room?
I distinctly remember us bumping our books
You had a collection of Elliot, I had Blok
Where we broke into a conversation abruptly
Of how Russian doesn’t translate too well into English
I remember you looking at my hand to remark
That I was holding your fingers clasped on the open book
I forgot to tell you why, and profusely apologised
You felt so much like a book of poetries unwritten
I have scribbled every other day, often in an outburst 
You asked me to live in the moment, feel each word
I forgot to mention, it was my unspoken conversation
Disguised as verses tucked away, letting it be my burden

No comments:

Post a Comment