Wednesday 20 April 2022

Lamp black, in a bottle

I always paint an eye on the side of my wrist
It wasn't your eyeliner though, 
  but the sentiment matters to me
Often when I miss your eyes peering into mine
I hold my phone out to write poetry
This way, I can see the eye and believe
Come hell or highwater , 
  I should steel my nerves
Remind myself of shunning bitterness
That loving someone can often yield 
Somewhere where you thumbs curl on his
As you are pushed against the wall
 Amidst a shallow yet lustful kiss
I would know it, for we are tied at the soul 
I wish to be that him, for at such my heart caves in
So here I am, back again staring at the eye
 Past the mild digression of this verse I scribe
Another one to be unread, let alone felt or understood
Knowing that you spare no thought to my love
 Or maybe your soul fights the very thought of me



No comments:

Post a Comment