Saturday 23 April 2022

A rant at condoning

Between conturing and cleavage
It is often difficult for a poem to rise 
Forget the attempt, Shakespearean or Elliot'ish
The only readers are those who have depth
Now I would pay heed, if Frost recited short
"In incessant ponderings, ring my bell, lady fair'
For there is weight of Stopping by woods on a snowy evening 
Yet a face, or a giggling half hearted word scramble leads
Hath thine lust so overpowered thy sense of reasoning
Or has the deep waters of poetry given way to shallows
I often wonder, if scribblings of depth and meaning
Have been replaced with glitter and lipgloss now
I rather be shrewd to a point of being grossly unapologetic
For the depths seem so further from the shallows
I am a fish of the deep dark depths of feelings
These shallows have the advantage of what  femininity springs


No comments:

Post a Comment