Saturday 9 April 2022

There is no boat, in this flood of hurt

I tug at your threads, entwined with my own
Yet distinctly separate, like the distance between us now
I reach out to converse, and you would respond, sometimes
Yet I seem to have nothing to say, 
  you have nothing to stay, either
I sometimes wish to tell you, I am broken
  Besieged in your thoughts, yet I feel insignificant
 Before you, you overwhelm me in your magnificence 
I shudder between my words, feeling inadequate 
Feel left out, unkept, and obsolete before your mind
We close our conversations, with you wishing me away
I wish myself dead, yet my wishes for the self never bloom
Else you would have reached out, held my wounded soul
But then again, your hurt is far worse,
 and there is only enough balm
 With you for your own wounds
I relenquish such wishes, where you would need to spare me some
I wear my searing pain, of being unable to ask,
  and being unable to hold you back
At the day's end I watch the sun set, let it bring an end to another day
One spent in the absence of your loving words or glances
To be then tormented by the moonlight
 Of missing your touch and our embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment