Sunday 10 April 2022

I wrote random verses

That initial phase of separation,
   brings poetry
You pour your heart out
   The deepest sadness 
      into verses
Like a bartender 
     mixing up a shot 
      of Gin and tonic
While you are on drink number nine
     Already inebriated 
        Already swaying
It's a trip, 
   like the liquor hitting the brain
The absence of one's love, 
   the absolute searing pain
One can only indulge on in, 
   until the ink runs out, 
    The pages are drenched in tears
   Or 
    The brain passes out, 
Drunk
        And or
            In pain
The days pass
  Numbness knocks 
    at the heart's doors
You answer, 
   You know you shouldn't have
    You saw it through the peep hole 
     But misery has avarice
      It wants numbness too
Then you, 
          misery, 
           pain, 
           and numbness sit
Argue over the Oxford comma
The tenses seem wrong
 Misery is a mean one 
 Numbness just wants to be done
  But pain, oh! It sits clamping the heart
   And you sit writing even more
Just like at the bar
   Where Old friends gather
    These are now your besties
     The only liquor to drink now is tears
       You can spare more, 
        You brew it in your soul 
The days pass in this company
 Until, hope knocks
   You let it in too
    You then proceed to get it drunk
You should have learnt by now
Your tears are the very drug
That renders everything wrong
 Hope drinks a shot of them
   Hope is unhinged now
    Hope now is hopless too
You transform it too
Happens too often
I sit across the room from you
I scribble this story, 
I am you from a time gone by
Yet you are a me, I no longer know 
Other than in my paraphrasing
 Verses, they are poems you think
  They are your stories, ours, his, her's
I want to sleep, she says
  Who? 
   Something from my memory,
   I guess,
     I digress
   And you can't sleep, nor can I
I am watching you, 
wallowing in pain
 Till we pass out, somewhere
Somehow

No comments:

Post a Comment