Thursday 14 April 2022

A hunting we will not go! Mind

These gators I wrangle, behemoths, untamable
Each wants a bite out of me, a pound of flesh
They seem to have no second thoughts, of my pain
They are at home, in a death roll as they gnaw at my heart

Why then do I visit these swamps, dear mind
Why should you want me to rue, why make me to
All I have done has been paid up for, in multiples by now
Yet you feed me this frequent and persistent wanderlust

The gator of loss is the most vicious, ugliest of the lot
And the gator of sadness is the burliest brawler
The gator of love, so unsuspectingly dreadful and most evil
They leave me alive shredded and feed on my hurt

This torment needs to end, for know dear mind, know well
Your existence is only a corollary to my mind, preserve me
Avert the constant belligerence to spiral me into hurt
For you shall lose me, when my sanity is lost

No comments:

Post a Comment