Wednesday 8 March 2023

Washing away

You were admiring 
the abrupt out-of-turn rain,
 holding me
while you were 
    romanticizing it, 
telling me 
of how you remember 
our first kiss,
  those many years ago
I said I did
but I remember us planting 
    two mango saplings too
We had lovely mangoes 
    last season in May
I am worried now 
    for this abrupt March rain
    will cause it to shed the flowers 
    crush their dreams 
    of becoming mangoes
Have you spared 
a thought for those two trees
and the now fading dreams
    of those florets
    drenching in the rains
    I can feel their pain too
    while your love is strong
my heart is longing to protect
    the old dream we shared
    when we planted those saplings
    and wished to eat 
    those mangoes every year
   


No comments:

Post a Comment