Sunday 26 March 2023

I like this tree

The noon scatters light
to the roof of my room 
painted in a creamy white 
casting a rainbow of possibilities
I sit by the window
look outside, at the fresh green mangoes
March is ending, soon to be April
and they wait like me to change
become everything they have hoped
since we saw each other first

They have looked at me too
all these days, the tree for longer has
It has seen me weep, fight, fright
and then has seen me too
smiling into the warm evening light
We have come to know each other
for neither misses a chance to stare
at each other, at least once a day.
I see the raw mangoes are hope it
maybe that is how he communicates

come May, the mangoes will be yellow
most will for sure, and I will not pick
i will watch them, watch the birds perch
as they eat the mangoes and sing
much like my heart, like the tree's too
bearing hope to feed a hungry life
i have complained too much then
i see it clearly now and how
i will bloom for i am another branch
growing in this beautiful tree of life


Notes:

This poem was written as someone looking out her window and watching the mango tree. While that is a literal scene, it also is a metaphor for a lot of things.

The mangoes are a metaphor of new hopes and dreams, the birds all the people who come to the tree who is also the friend of the lady looking out of the window. The tree is metaphorically me, and the lady is my best friend. 

This is a very weird example of how my perspective of another person's perspective of another is written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment