Thursday 9 March 2023

Hey Stranger

I exist not for you to be in a deluge of torment
But for me to be what you so deeply want
Yet to not be contained by you or your thoughts
I exist for me, to be all I can be when you call

The port doesn't travel, ships and ferries do
The beach never moves, waves fro and to
The road goes nowhere, your walk moves you
I exist like these, for to rest a while and renew

You could sit at the docks, watch the churn
Recline on the sands under the golden sun
You could stop to smell the roses at every turn
I am not a thing that you can claim to own

Come, rest a while, leave at first light or dusk
I shall hear all your stories of love and arid lust
You can carry in your memories a gentle dust
I still will be here smiling through my red rust

No comments:

Post a Comment