Friday 3 March 2023

Like a whiff of fragrant flowers

Do you ever think like I do every night, as I try to weave sleep into my eyes
I find the thread that could bind it missing, your arms
It would wrap around me like a comet's tail, and run me around the cosmos
As I gently drifted into sleep, in a smile and thoughts of waking soon

My vision has gone blurry, for the lack of rest and rest is illusive
For the heart races to watch you, asleep in a fold of memory I hold
Where I stand and whisper gently, in a worry of waking you up
And morning wrings me back in a richochet to my cold floor 

Do you smile in your sleep of late? You always have and I watched it
Often to wish it to be the last thing I see, before I die
I can often hear your murmurs, when I lie half awake, anxious
As your longing haunts me, before my pillow soaks my tears

I wouldn't want you to worry, I wash my pillow covers regularly
In anticipation of an off chance, should you come over a while
I wouldn't want you to rest on this worthless tear soaked one
The new fabric softener I bought, is beautifully fragrant too

No comments:

Post a Comment