Wednesday 22 March 2023

The Quagmire Of An Almighty

Things were out of reach, shelves and kitchen counter tops
Everything seemed taller, and my daily life was a shock
I knew I wanted to be a touch stronger than I then was
I decided to be bigger, I wanted to become a God

You see, when everything and every one hurts, we pray
Yet all our prayers and yell for divine intervention is in dismay
I knew there would be times in life of hurt, and it would be hard
I decided to be bigger, I wanted to become a God

When the time arrived to feel my heart break, it rained
Of rejection from me and my love, then me and the world
When everything was lost, when I broke down and I was distraught
I decided to be bigger, I wanted to become a God

The thirties flew by, everything went to dust, yet I persevered
Life was ugly, a struggle to breathe most times but I was smart
I had found my weakness, it was the fallacy of my loving heart
I breathed away my feelings, I had become a God

One could question what drives a man, I would tell you
It is the constant hurt and rebuilding, for only hope can spring life anew
I remembered I was beyond such mere perils of mortal men
I would see these sufferings and win, for I was this God

Now at this pedestal that I had been placed, by me and all
I would find ease in all that could make souls writhe and crawl
But I saw my life was lost in believing I was infallible
I had become everything unworthy, in being a false God 

No comments:

Post a Comment