Thursday 1 December 2022

Then a rhyme appears as December approaches

Hey there December, welcome to my life
There isn't much I offer other than my heart
I hope maybe you may find it of some use 
It has the coldness within, of a million moons

If in the nights should you struggle to cast a freeze 
Run the wind upon my heart, it shall chill the  breeze
I assure you of it's sheer ability to send the deepest chill
It can lend you its howling cry, and bring all around to still

Remember that it is cold enough, to outmatch your spite
There is only darkness left, for it was dead to light
You can run amok, steal the warmth from all around
As you run to the end, set my heart upon my final ground

January will arrive next, and it has it's own pangs
And to you months of cold I offer my deepest thanks
Nothing can equate with the darkness of each night
I lie cold and awake in the absence of love's warming light

No comments:

Post a Comment