Thursday 29 December 2022

Laundry Day

My blue bottle of detergent has pictures of lillies
I wonder if someone loved them ever, I find them gentle
Their fragrance doesn't match the way the liquid feels
Yet they seem to make my clothes smell beautiful

I hate having washed the sheets you slept on last meeting
I know they will never smell of you here-on, and as beautiful 
I often have held them close and slept, feeling your presence
They now smell of a shade of lone lilly, drying in the wind

You remember, do you? How I looked at the clear detergent
Often asked if I should try and taste it, just to tease you
Maybe I should one of these days try to taste it a tad bit
There is no 'you' here to stop me from doing just that



The AI version


My blue bottle of detergent, with its pictures of lilies
A gentle reminder of a love that once was, but now feels distant
The fragrance of the flowers does not match the harshness of the cleaner
Yet on my clothes, it leaves a scent that is much finer

I hate to wash the sheets, the memory of you still lingers
But as I hang them out to dry, I am reminded of the beauty of the flowers
I hold them close, trying to find solace in their scent
But they only serve to remind me of the love that I resent

You remember, don't you, how I used to tease you with the detergent
Asking if I should taste it, just to see what you would do
But now there is no you to stop me, no one to turn to
So maybe I'll take a taste, just to see what I've been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment