Friday 2 December 2022

The tug boat at the lighthouse

Remember this love, I am the one who will have to watch you bleed
Not in favour, but in absolute helplessness for my hands are tied
By and away from you, for me to pain in what would be borrowed
And all you would do is point at me and accuse me of inaction as always

This haunt would then be embedded deep into the recesses of my soul
While the larger part of your thoughts would erase such and retain little
Just enough of me watching in helpless pain but not my tied hands
And all you would do is taunt me endlessly in some convenient truth

Know this though love, I have known the extent of your taunts and thoughts
They already hurt me even before they are stated by you profound
But how little does it hurt you, under this pretence of forced distance?
And all you need to do to ease me is to glance at me once 

When you are at the end of your self-imprisonment from love
Turn around and ask me once, if at all on what hurt of you feels like
But you know I will smile at your glance, erase the misery of this longing
And all you would wonder at such is if you ever walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment