Monday 5 December 2022

A dance in the dark

I remember your gentle whispers in the dark as you wrapped yourself around me
Those wisps of warm breaths once tingled my earlobes gently, causing goosebumps
This unsettling night devoid of those are a river of black ink flowing mercilessly
Washing away the pages I hold to scribble my thoughts of pain, causing paper cuts

The bleed from my fingertips swirl in the blackness, paint unsavory pictures
Of an absence that speaks in loud blaring trumpets to deafen my own thoughts
I seek to deflect my mind towards the shore, yet the pull of your river of woe wins
Dragging me along, filling and displacing the air in my lungs making me choke

The stars of woe glimmer bright, on the dark flowing waters, in an unforgiving waltz
Swirl me in between the crest and the trough, breach my will and subjugate my wants
It never does trickle, these thoughts of you, it is always a deluge of deep hurt
And hopefulness erodes, as I yearn for your kiss and a last-minute want of being held

This is the strata of my world sans your gentleness, and in marring trepidation 
A self-subversion from the grandiose might I have forever arrogantly kept up
I have nothing, I am nothing, when your arm raises to measure my love for you
And find my heart shattered into a million pieces like powdered broken glass

No comments:

Post a Comment