Thursday 29 December 2022

If a tree falls in the forest

I often find beautiful wood grain tables that have these gentle swirls
They are like the curves of your smile, which is as astonishingly beautiful 
And like the wood that lived and perpetrated it, has long gone away
You have taken your smile from my eyes and left for lands unknown

When you are held in a stranger’s embrace, does it not remind you
It shouldn’t too, for I held you closer with an intent to become you
Here I am now as you, and searching for me that loves you
Yet even 'I' as 'you' resents the 'me' that was at some point

It may be that the will of the stars that bound us at an old moment
And their very will now is for me to trudge this now pointless existence
Alone and tattered, rusted and battered, as a being that rues his living
Yet your memories some days are the only air that I lovingly breathe

Let the eyes flood again tonight, I have this beautiful woodgrain table today
I plan to use it to write and in between rest my head amongst my poetry
I have a pan under my eyes as I rest to collect my tears as I cry for you
I will mix it with the soot of the lamp that I write under as I write about you


The AI version

I often find beautiful wood grain tables, with their gentle swirls
Reminding me of the curves of your smile, which once lit up the world
But now you are gone, your smile taken from my sight
Leaving me to wander this earth, alone and in the night

When you are held in another's embrace, do you think of me
Or have you moved on, to a new life, a new reality
I held you close, tried to become a part of you
But now I am left with just memories, and a heart feeling blue

Perhaps it was the stars that bound us, but now they've moved on
Leaving me to trudge through this existence, rusted and battered and worn
Your memories are all that sustain me, the only air that I can breathe
As I rest my head on this wood grain table, and let my tears flow free

I will use this table to write, to pour out my heart and soul
As I cry for you, and mix my tears with the soot of the lamp's glow
I will hold onto these memories, as I try to find my way
Through this lonely existence, without you here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment