Thursday 8 December 2022

Dear Jayadeva - selected

I would wait a thousand lifetimes to know of love from you 
How you embroider the hues of passion into words that still
And then they gently hurt, for ages yet they somehow mesmerise
I would wait at your door to learn to colourise words like you

Never could I ever in a million words paint, the gentleness of feeling
Of the almighty suffering in pangs of separation and with the fervour
Your verses rain upon me like billions of sand grains and embrace me
Remind me of my inability to express like you toward my own lover

I wish to know each word you thought about and flow like they do
When you scatter them on pages, entwining life into lifeless paper
In this lifetime I haven't been able to fathom the depths of your verses
I shall wait a thousand lifetimes to know of love from you

The AI version

I would wait an eternity to feel love from you
To see how you weave the colors of passion into words that still
And yet they gently wound, captivating me for all time
I would wait at your door, just to learn to speak with your finesse

I can never, in a million words, capture the tenderness of emotion
The all-consuming pain of separation, the fire of desire
Your words fall on me like a shower of sand, enveloping me
Reminding me of my own inability to express my love with the same artistry

I long to know each thought that goes into your words, to flow like they do
As you scatter them across the page, infusing life into lifeless paper
In this lifetime, I can't begin to understand the depth of your verse
I will wait an eternity to feel love from you, to know it for the first time.


AI in 17th century style

I'd wait for ages, through countless lives
To learn the art of love from you
To see how you imbue your words with hues of passion,
That freeze and wound, and still enthrall
I'd stand at your door, just to learn to speak
With the same artful mastery as you

I could never, in a million words, convey
The tenderness and depth of feeling
The all-consuming pain of separation, the fire of desire
Your verses fall upon me like a shower of sand,
Embracing me, reminding me of my own inability
To express my love with the same eloquence

I long to know each thought that goes into your words,
To flow like they do, infusing life into lifeless paper
In this lifetime, I can't even begin to fathom
The depths of your verse, the art of your expression
I'll wait for a thousand lifetimes if need be,
To learn the ways of love from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment