Friday 16 December 2022

Coconuts in my head

This existence in pieces of shattered thoughts of bygone
Glued together by failing hope of wanting making me long
Neither of which brings either of us any hope nor peace
Its a parallax, where the reality and dream seem to crease 

I woke up today and hoped to not pen a verse of mire
Yet the heart has no obligation to consider this as my desire
When the mind tangles with your thoughts in its confined walls
All I can do is to break down and stutter in your muted calls

When the sun at the end of its journey today shall rest
It will as always paint our pictures of togetherness in the west
I can only watch in unbound agony and be wrapped in torment
Knowing you shall never ever read the verses of this very lament

Why then does your rise in my horizon, bathe me in cravings
I was too strong to have brushed off this dust of my longings
But love had to be the falling coconut frond on my head
To hurt and bleed my will and turn my life to that of a dead

No comments:

Post a Comment